Tuesday, August 14, 2012

3 Consequences and a Goal!

Three consequences while making contacts with others or in my case searching sites and listening to global podcasts are:

1. New information related to the early childhood field. For example what is happening across the nation and in other countries as far as quality or equity in care.

2. New ideas for wrap around services. The best idea I heard about was the Cradle to College program from the Harlem children Zone.

3. The eye-opener that what is happening or NOT happening in my community is real! Learning about how others struggle or how other center's are succeeding opens up new possibilities yet shows the hard work needed.

The one goal I have is to get more connected in early childhood by joining NAEYC or WAEYC to be in the loop about what is going on in the early childhood field. My goal is to stay current. :)

Josie Zbaeren

5 comments:

  1. Great consequences Josie...

    Good luck and best wishes your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Josie,

    I hope to be able to stay up to date on what is going on not only locally but globally also. The reading from the webcast was very informative and the Cradle to College was one of my favorites and such a wonderful program to have. It has been a joy reading your discussions and your blog, I hope that we continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie,
    I have so enjoyed reading your blog posts and your interest in the Harlem Children's Zone matches mine. I will definitely keep up with their innovativie endeavors! Good luck with your journey!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josie,
    You're awesome! I hope to see you in a future course. After exploring the resources of this course, it is obvious we have a lot of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Josie, I too want to get more connected! I totally enjoyed learning about what was happening in the EC field in other countries. I enjoyed reading your blog and I hope we will have future courses together! Delores

    ReplyDelete