Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blog: Professional Hopes and Goals

One hope that I have when working with children and families from diverse backgrounds is that they feel welcomed in our center and that they see themselves in the classrooms. I want children and families to feel safe and comfortable. I hope that my center is well rounded and gives the feeling of acceptance for all!

Side note: I wrote a grant through my community college a few weeks ago to add diversity to our classrooms and got it! I am very excited. I have $4000.00 dollars to get our classrooms up to speed reflecting the families and community we serve. :)

The one goal I would like to set locally for my center is to be an example of diversity, equity, and social justice.

Thank you to all of my peers for sharing all their information through discussions and blogs. I appreciate everyone's willingness to express their personal thoughts and feeling on diversity, equity, and social justice along with all the other topics we discussed over the course of 8 weeks.

Josie Zbaeren

6 comments:

  1. Sooooo proud of you Josie and inspired!! Where did you learn grant writing skills?? I anticipate needing this skill, but I do not know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie,
    Congratulations on getting the grant. I think you are already achieving your goal. What an example to other professionals!

    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Josie! Great job! I happen to know that grant writing is a tough process, and I don't have a clue as to how to do it! You are certainly setting an example and should be proud of your initiative! It sounds like you are already on your way to achieving your goal!
    Thanks,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josie
    Congratuations on the new grant you received. I wish you much luck in setting up your room the way you envision it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Josie,

    Congratulations, on the grant! Your classes have paid off for you already. I am so very happy for you, in not only being an advocate for children but one for change also. You are making a difference in a lot of families and children’s lives. You are not only being an example in your community but for everyone that reads your blog and the lives that they touch. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is important that we as early childhood professionals, provide a warm welcoming environment for our children and families. When the step into our centers they should suddenly feel and see that they are welcome and we are ready to work to meet their needs. Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete