Saturday, January 26, 2013

Communication...

· Do you find yourself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures?
· If yes, in what ways do you communicate differently?

I do communicate differently depending on whom I am talking to. I am more relaxed and casual with close family and friends. I am more formal with the Dean or VP of the college. I correspond openly with my mentor (we share the same beliefs, values and career paths). If I am unsure of others lifestyles, cultures or beliefs I try to understand them or their point of you not to offend anyone. I try and respect everyone.

Josie Zbaeren

3 comments:

  1. I communicate differently as well. I still trying to decide if this is a good trait or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A side note...I love that you have a mentor. I think we all benefit when we try to understand other's points of view. We grow and develop when we consider new things/ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that most people communicate differently depending on the situation of who and where they are communicating with. It is so important to know how to communicate with different people because communication is crucial.

    ReplyDelete